I’m an employer and I don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?

If you don’t have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and want to access Job Bank for Employers you should apply for a SIN.


If you don’t have a SIN, or you have one that starts with a ‘'9’’ and you are not eligible for a permanent SIN, you will not be able to create a user account on Job Bank for employers.


If you still wish to post your jobs on Job Bank, here’s what you can do:

  • You can designate a Canadian employee of the business to post on your behalf.
  • You can use the services of a third party company to take in charge the posting process.


In both cases, you won’t be able to post jobs as you are not allowed to log into someone else’s user account. However, you can still be the person receiving the applications and managing the screening process.

Was this answer helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: