How can I report a problem with an employer?

If you believe that an employer does not comply with Job Bank’s Terms of Use, you can report a potential misuse of Job Bank. To do so, follow these steps:

    1. Click on the "Report a problem with this job posting" button located at the bottom of the employer’s job posting.
    2. Select "Report potential misuse of Job Bank" and click on the "Report".
    3. Provide more details about the issue and click on "Report".

Job Bank will assess the information provided and take appropriate action to resolve the issue.

If you want to file a formal complaint against an employer, contact the department in charge of employment standards in the province or territory where you work.

Here are the provincial and territorial departments responsible for enforcing employment standards:

To report a problem with an employer in a federally regulated industry or workplace, you have to contact the Labour Program.

You may also report an abuse or misuse of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program if you are aware that someone has been misusing the program.

Was this answer helpful?  Yes  No

Thank you for your feedback.

Date modified: