I’m receiving an error message at step 4 for my Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?
There are two types of error messages you can get at the authentication step:
- The error message stating that the SIN entered is already in use
There are a few reasons why your SIN might already be registered on Job Bank:
- if you posted jobs for a previous employer;
- if you created a Plus account as a job seeker to search jobs;
- if you created a user account before.
If you previously created a user account on Job Bank, you won’t be able to create a new one as it is attached to your SIN. You can log into your original user account and update:
- your email;
- your password;
- your security questions;
- other information related to your account.
If you are unable to login your account or if you do not remember the email address you used to create your user account, contact us.
- The error message stating that information may have been incorrectly entered
If you are having problems while entering your personal information at step 4, double check that:
- your Social Insurance Number (SIN) is entered with no spaces and no dashes;
- your "parent’s last name at birth" field only has the last name of one of your parents and is spelled correctly;
- your birthdate is entered in the format of YYYY-MM-DD;
- your SIN doesn’t start with a "9". If it is the case, you will be unable to create a user account. SINs that begin with a "9" are temporary and valid only until the expiry date indicated on the immigration document that authorizes you to work in Canada. If you are trying to access Job Match as part of your Express Entry application, consult the instruction guide on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
If the error persists and you are sure that you are entering the correct information, even though the system is showing an error, please contact Service Canada by calling at 1-866-279-5238 or by filling out their online service request form for a Service Canada agent to contact you.
- What is a user account and should I create one to post jobs?
- I’m an employer. How do I create a user account?
- Why do I have to answer security questions?
- I'm a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Plus user account?
- I'm not receiving my confirmation code by email. What should I do?
- Why and when do I have to provide my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?
- I’m a job seeker. How do I create a user account?
- I’m an employer and I don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?
- I’m receiving an error message at step 4 for my Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?
- I’m a job seeker and I don't have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). What should I do?
- I’m a foreign job seeker looking for a job in Canada. How do I create a Standard user account?
- What is a user account and should I create one for my job search?
- Date modified: